How long will it take for the money to arrive in my account?
It depends on the country you are transferring to or from but usually we aim for T+1, which means it’ll arrive in your designated account on the next day.
Can I still use IE Money if I don’t have an overseas account?
If you are sending money from overseas to NZ, then you will only need a receiving account in NZ.
However, if you are sending money overseas you must provide us with a bank account in that overseas destination.
What can count as a proof of address (POA)?
MUST select ONE option from these:
- A utility bill, council rates bill issued to the individual that is not more than 3 months old showing the address and name of the individual
- A statement from IRD issued to the individual that is not more than 3 months old showing the address and name of the individual
- A tenancy agreement for the place the person is currently renting
- A letter from an electoral office
- An insurance company policy or a letter from the person’s Kiwi Saver provider
- Court document
- Car registration notification/demand addressed to person
- Letter from educational institution addressed to the person (must be letterhead paper and signed by person in authority confirming residential address)
- A letter/notification from ACC, local council or government organization
If I’m not based in Auckland, Sydney or Beijing can I still open an IE Money account?
Yes, we are able to conduct our account opening process online.
Are there any fees?
No, the price we give you is all you need to pay.